Friday, October 24, 2008

Customer Service sucks!


Today at work i worried about a few things.. how many more tickets to order, i needed hay before it started to rain and produce for the pigs tonight. I called The Hitching Post and was told he would be here at 6:30. No big deal for most folks but here it requires a bit of work. First of all my driveway to the barn has been gated off for seven pigs to live in. There dinner dishes already lined up in a row by Paula. Two horses need to be put in there stalls who haven't been inside yet this year as it is mild and i am saving the costs of using shavings. So at 6 after work i go out to the barn and drag out the hose to fill up the horses inside waters, toss them some hay and put them in there stalls. Put the hose away and go back up to the house with seven pigs in tow and a bucket of feed to entice them into a small enclosure while the hay guy delivers. I pick up all the dinner trays and get them out of the way so the truck doesn't' drive over them. I open one gate all the way and walk back up the driveway to open the other. This all takes me about 45 minutes. I waited for the hay guy to come and at 45 minutes late and unable to stand the screams of starving pigs i walked up to the entry gates and left a note " Hay Cancelled". It is then i realize while worrying about how to get hay, the 24 bags of pig chow here from New West today at work i forget about the order of tickets. But i must start feeding the pigs before it rains so i go back and let the seven back out , close gates and put back all there dinner dishes in a row. Once i feed the pigs i go back to the barn and let the horses back out as they wished , fed them more and then did rounds of apples for every one. I get off at 5 ..get home by 5:15 I had 45 minutes to catch up on some emails before i had to ready for the hay guy. Its now 8 and the dog needs to be fed and i have lost my appetite as tomorrow brings another day but on top of a regular Saturday here i must now pray for sun and then go about 35 minutes out of my way to go buy hay , stack it on on my truck and then come home and somehow have the energy to put it all away. And then i will open the gates.. put the horses away, remove the dinner trays in a row .........
Edited to add.. he still hasn't shown up and it is 8:20 .

4 comments:

Jean said...

There's nothing more frustrating to me than people who say they will show up at a certain time and then don't come. Even more maddening when you have to spend time preparing for their arrival and don't even get the courtesy of a phone call to say "We're running late".

Janice Gillett said...

I was so mad and its not healthy so that is the third time and the last time. Although it may take me longer and not as convenient its not worth doing the job twice and wasting my time. You and i are too busy with the amount of rescue animals in our care to waste precious energy and time in our already maxed out lives.

So off i went to get hay today and thankfully i had help here to put it all away.

Gayle said...

I am SO sorry your Friday was so unproductive---hope the weekend was better! You should call your company and explain how difficult their service has been for you. Nicely, if you can---this may not be the person on the phone's fault.
Our weekend was beautiful and we spent all Saturday cleaning up the plants and chopping wood. We let Ellie out to enjoy the day, too. At one point, I lost her (we have 10 acres) and I looked everywhere for her, shaking her treat can. I found her behind a barn (the previous owners had a horse)---she had discovered a patch of green and fragrant oats that had probably sprouted from old horse feed! She was munching away with her little tail just wagging! She was ignoring me! I sat with her while she grazed for a while. She loves her new home and spends hours "decorating" it just right! Gayle

Janice Gillett said...

Gayle he is the owner lol So he has now lost my hay sales. I have a tin on the counter there so its not like they don't have my phone number and I live 5 minutes away from the store. grrrrrrrrr

I nwat to see Ellie and her house pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee